Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Don't JUDGE me Bro!!!

I am the proud new owner of a Stripper pole in my apartment. Now before you start gathering your dollar bills, hear me out.... For the past few months I've been taking this pole dancing class in DC (visit http://www.thepspot.net/ its well worth your time and money), and I really enjoy it. I chose this particular place because it was cheaper, only $20 per class, the emphasis is on fitness and not just how to look like you know what you're doing should you ever find yourself on stage in a strip club. And I'll tell you, I'm an athletic person and I really enjoy working out, but after my first class full of squats and what not, I could barely walk for 3-4 days!!!! It was the best pain I've ever felt!!! And since going, I've noticed my upper body has gotten ALOT stronger! Even when I was running competitively, I could not do a single pull-up, but NOW? I can definately see improvement!

Well, the pole I bought does not need to be screwed to the ceiling if you do not put all your body weight on it, but that didn't seem to be working out so well for all the spins I was doing, so I had to ask the maintenance man to screw it in for me (plus I could not reach the ceiling due to my small stature). So when he arrived at my door, my first comment was "DON'T JUDGE ME BRO!!!!" He said sure but had a quizzical look on his face once he understood my request. He made a coupla dollar bill comments, but he put up my pole....That's all a girl can ask for.

2 comments:

BLESSD1 said...

HI-DAMN-LARIOUS, chica! Funny post! Gonna be checkin you out from time to time...but I won't be doing ANYTHING on ANY KIND of pole ANY TIME soon :-p

Earnestly Soul Searching said...

Well I appreciate the love. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I think I'm glad you don't have plans to grace a pole any time soon...
;-)