Monday, June 29, 2009

Thar She Blows!

So, Ole Faithful is back in town. He surprised me with a phone call about a week ago..he is Ole Faithful so I shouldn't be so surprised but things did not end so well between us last November when he told me in an unrelated convo that he was in a relationship, and without really saying so cut me off.

Of course later I got breaking news about the twist in turns in his relationship though I had never opted in:

Well he claims to have been thinking about me: (at arse o'clock of course) and is wondering if he can come by and hang out with me. I hesitate, but agree.... I should be good because I'm not in the mood for any hanky panky...and I'm stubborn so I was still feeling some kinda away about how he handled "the end".

He comes over..I sit on a different couch, we watch Ninja Warrior and play catch up...he tells me that in the half year since I saw him last he has gotten into some trouble..I expect him to tell me about the baby momma...he does not..he tells me about his legal trouble. I'm only moderately surprised, because this is not the first time he has been in some sort of trouble with the law. However, this is the first time he has given me details. He was facing 5 years but walked away with a year probation and an expunged record if he can manage to keep his nose clean for a year.

He then says he thought it was stupid that he never tried to pursue anything serious with me because I'm cool and he's never had any drama with me...okay.. but I wasn't really sure what to do or say about it because he just put it out there...he didn't necessarily indicate that he wanted to do anything about it, so I thought at the moment it was just easier to listen and say nothing.

Who knows how long he is here for or what his intentions are, but we will see, I guess.

2 comments:

BlkBond said...

Do you want to see what his intentions are or is he simply Mr. Right Now?

Earnestly Soul Searching said...

I really wanna know what they are...I'm quite content being single, so it's not like I'm itching to be with somebody but I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of being an afterthought.

Truth is, I'm thinking he just wants to pick up where HE left off, but I didn't walk away from all that ( after he walked away first) just to come back and do the same thing.

I can be a real cynic but I don't entirely understand why he felt the need to go thru all this extra stuff to "woo" me I guess if he tryina do the same ole same ol.

I'm trying to be really careful because in my mind, and mine alone I'm sure, there is something very special about him to me...beyond that silly "he's ur first" nonsense, and I chose to share myself with him, no strings attached for that very reason.

If he wants to try being something more I'm open to that, but if he's not, I need to know that so I can not waste my time 2 years is a LONG time to be doing all that and it bothers me that I been messing with him longer than I been in a relationship.