Monday, June 22, 2009

Bartender Vision pt 6 Threes a Crowd

Friday night was our first night trying the three bartender thing. I HATED it. Everything just seemed so hectic..Part of it is the three of us don't know each other well so there is no chemistry between us which means the flow is off and communication down. On top of it all it really seemed to not make much of a difference in terms of the reigster. The two registers didn't ring much more than I usually would on a saturday night even though there was an extra person making drinks and collecting money. Also in terms of tip money...there was not much to take home as we had to split it between 3 people, as I had feared. But its bad when I do better on a Wednesday or Sunday night than I do on a Friday or Saturday.

I feel bad because I think ish is gon hit the fan at the next staff meeting..and I anticipate that the newbie will be caught in the cross hairs. It's not that we don't like her..cuz we do, but there's no incentive to work on a Friday or Saturday and have to deal with throngs of impatient customers AND have hafta to work twice as hard when I'm making half as much. I have a feeling that it will come off like we don't want her working with us cuz she's new and impeeds on our money making ability...which is only half true..she is impeding on our money making ability because we have to split evenly...not necessarily because she's new.

I still maintain that we're better off just getting a barback- Because having to scoop ice and refill juice is the "L"

No comments: