Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bartender Vision pt 7 "Trick o' the Hand"

I can honestly tell you, the last thing you want to order from me is a Patron margarita, if you claim to be a liquor enthusiast of course, because you will find that a Patron margarita from me has a definite kick. Why do you ask? Because I have spiked it with rail.

How could I do such a thing? I got tired of people saying it ain't taste strong enough, and expecting me to put in more patron as if that would really make make a difference or if I could do that and not get fired. You'd think people would know that compared to your rails, cuervos, etc. patron has a much more subtle, muted flavor (if you can call it that), which makes it good for mixing because it doesn't overpower the other flavors in the drink.

Before you cuss me out for cheating people (granted I'm sure that won't happen since nobody really reads this) I still give a full shot and a half of patron...you just might get and extra half to 3/4 shot of rail to go with it. And of course, I haven't had another complaint since.

Which brings me to one of my biggest pet peeves: Why must people insist on tasting every drop of alcohol in a cup? Mixed drinks serve the purpose of providing a smoother taste to regular alcohol. If you just want alcohol, man (or woman) up, skip the chaser and just take shots! Unless of course your reason for whining about the excess of cranberry juice is your fear of bartenders not giving you your money's worth in alcohol, which I understand. but DAG! Why must we constantly spring for the long island that tastes like gasoline? I know people wanna get nice quick but I assure you, if your drink is made right, good people you will still get there, and maybe even a little quicker if I don't shake the carbonation out of the coke, but my point is I guess, that it's the SAME AMOUNT OF ALCOHOL!

Speaking of requests for stronger drinks, I do the same to zombies, but that doesn't make much of a difference because for a rum, 151 just may just put a little hair on your chest anyway.


Maybe tequila is my answer for everything...who knows?

No comments: